Grandma Nielson's Double Trouble Chocolate Chip Cookies

My grandma really does have the best cookie recipes. The best part about her cookies is that they are SO GOOD the second day. (I'm very picky and won't eat a second day cookie unless it tastes amazing.) 



So naturally, me being a chocolate fanatic and all, you can find me baking these cookies more often than I probably should.

Double Trouble Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter or margarine
1/2 cup of Crisco Vegetable Shortening
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
2/3 cup cocoa
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips or chunks
2 cups pecan halves (optional)

Beat with mixer butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Beat in cocoa then the eggs. Whisk in separate bowl flour and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to wet mixture. Mix on low speed until absorbed. Stir the nuts and chips into the dough. Bake for 10 minutes (my oven does 9 minutes) at 350 degrees. Let sit for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack.


Comments