One-Bowl Butter Chocolate Frosting

Have you noticed that I'm a chocolate addict yet?? This is another amazing recipe from my mom-in-law. It has the perfect ratio of richness to fluffiness. My favorite thing to pair it with is my deep,dark, chocolate cake recipe (everything chocolate is everything) but for this I paired it with a homemade yellow cake. Am I the only one that gets reminded of their childhood when they eat yellow cake with chocolate frosting? Talk about a grandma specialty! Please enjoy! 




Also just a side-note: this recipe calls for softened butter. Try not to heat it in the microwave if you can. If using margarine, let it sit out for 45 mins- 1 hour and if it feels squishy, it's ready to go!






One-Bowl Butter Chocolate Frosting

6 Tablespoons butter or margarine, softened (I use margarine)
2 2/3  cups powdered sugar

Add in HERSHEY's Cocoa according to desired flavor:
light flavor -- 1/3 cup
medium flavor -- 1/2 cup
dark flavor -- 3/4 cup

4 to 6 tablespoons milk (I use 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream and the rest 1% milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 

In a small mixer bowl, mix butter. Add powdered sugar and cocoa alternately with milk; beat to spreading consistency. I usually only use 2 Tbs of heavy whipping cream and 2 Tbs of 1%. Blend in vanilla. Beat on high speed for at LEAST 5 minutes. This adds to the fluffy. Makes about 2 cups frosting. 

Comments